Call for Applications on English-taught Interdisciplinary PhD Programme in European Studies in Autumn Semester of the Academic Year 2018-2019
Institute for European Studies of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is pleased to announce call for applications for the admission on Interdisciplinary English-taught PhD Programme in European Studies in Autumn semester of the academic year 2018-2019, established within the framework of EU funded Project: “Establishing Interdisciplinary PhD Programme in European Studies at Tbilisi State University (NENPI/2012/306-124).
Curriculum of the PhD Programme was developed by involvement of the experts with International Experience from leading European Universities of the field.
1. Research Proposal (3000 words maximum) giving the a) title of PhD Dissertation, b) overview of the research goals/research question/questions, c) methodology and d) literature review.
2. Exam in English Language on B2 level; (The candidates will be exempted from the English language exam if the relevant English language certificates are provided (IELTS/TOEFL/FCE).
3. Interview with Jury;
Only Short Listed Candidates will be contacted.
Postgraduates of foreign Universities are allowed to submit their applications in full compliance with Georgian Legislation.
Dates of Enrollment:
a) Application Submission – 12 - 15 October;
b) Exam in English Language (on B2 Level) – 16 October;
c) Announcement of the results – 17 October;
d) Appellation of the Exam results – 18 October;
e) Announcement of Appellation Results – 19 October;
f) Interview with Jury – 22 October;
g) Conclusion of learning agreement - 23 - 24 October;
h) Sending the list of the PhD candidates to the TSU Department of Learning Process Management - 25 October;
i) Preparation of Order of Enrollment - 26 October.
List of Documents to be submitted:
• Letter to TSU Rector;
• Research Proposal (3000 words maximum, in English) giving the a) title of PhD Dissertation, b) overview of the research goals/research question/questions, c) methodology and d) literature review;
• Written approval from supervisor;
• Copy of Passport (in case of international candidate passport shall be translated into Georgian and approved by Notary);
• Copy of Masterʹs Diploma and Diploma Supplement approved by Notary;
• Recognition document issued by the National Center of Education Quality Enhancement of Georgia (in case of having foreign Masterʹs Diploma);
• Copy of the document certifying the knowledge of English Language approved by Notary (in case of existence);
• Letter of Motivation (in English);
• CV (in English);
• 2 printed copies of Applicants Photo (3X4) and CD version;
• Copy of military service certificate.
There are 15 vacant study places for Autumn semester of the Academic Year 2018-2019.
Tuition Fee per semester GEL 1125
Address: 3 Chavchavadze Ave., II Building of TSU, 4th Flour, office 406, Tbilisi, Georgia, 0179
Tel: (+995 32) 2 22 78 99